November 04, 2005

My Two Weeks

I'm giving my two weeks notice at work tomorrow. Here's what they're getting...


My Two Weeks
Four paragraphs by Adam.

After much thought, prayer, and consideration of my life’s status quo, I believe the time has come for my employment at the Stork Club to end. This conclusion simultaneously scares and excites me. To leave what has become a comfortable harbor for me and venture out into the unknown seas has the potential to overshadow the brightest parts of my character with doubt and despair. However, the very thought of taking risk, even if only to fail, ignites the long dormant desire for adventure sewn into the fabric of my soul.

On the whole, I have enjoyed my time here and many moments have been grafted onto my character. I had not previously realized that "juice plus white equals milk," or that the boogie man, who once resided in the downstairs closet, moved to Florida. I will miss everyone, the children most of all whose random musings I will long for wherever my ship may sail. This is a bittersweet decision for me, but it must be made.

I wanted to write a whole essay’s worth on my departure using my quirky humor and the like, but it seems that this decision in all of its unexpectedness requires nothing more than what I have already said. My final date of employment will be November 18th, two weeks from today (November 4th).

My plan is to expose the manhole cover on the northeast corner of the playground with a sandbox shovel and pry it off with one of my controversial baseball bats. I will descend into the cement piping below, making my way into the woods behind the playground fencing. Once there, I will collect my change of clothes, map, train ticket, cell phone, and cash that I hid by the Oak tree some yards in while retrieving playground balls several weeks ago. All of this will take place during nap time. Most of the children will be sleeping, and the staff count will be at its lowest, reducing the risk of discovery.

Adam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home