October 07, 2005

A Month of Cleansing #3 (The Dream)

no music...just woke up a half hour ago, typing this up as quickly as possible, then i'm getting ready and heading off to work, hopefully on time again.

Last night, i had a dream that my car broke down and pastor Gregg lent me the big old black one in his garage (great looking car, i think it's an old Mercury), and i had to return it by the same evening. Then, i went to Jaime's house for dinner, who happened to live next door to Gregg. I imagine she was on the brain probably in anticipation of tomorrow with her and wondering what will happen since the rain will most likely put apple picking on the bottom of the list, or at least lower than it is now. I wanted to show Gregg how much i appreciated his lending me the car, so i thought filling the gas tank back up would be a good way to do it, especially on an old car like that. But, oddly enough, before i went to Jaime's door i was trying to figure out which car's gas tank to fill up before returning it, the Mercury or the Blazer. Doug used to own the Blazer that was in the dream, but why i was even considering filling up a car other than the one he lent me, i don't know, but i was. I kept driving up and down the hill in between the yards trying to figure it out. Then, still not having made up my mind, i approached Jaime's door. It was the back door, one of those sliding glass ones, but there was a curtain or something down in front of it so i could see her inside, but in a blurry kind of way. I had one shoe on, one shoe off (don't remember why), and she noticed me outside and came to the door. "How long have you been outside?" she asked. I answered, "Not long," even though i had been driving up and down the hill for a good five minutes, which is a long time for that sort of thing. I was actually wondering how she didn't hear the car outside while i was doing it. So, we had dinner and we had a good time together, and then i woke up. Really weird dream...i mean, enjoyable and all, but just weird.

Thoughts anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home