March 08, 2006

Chirping Cold

I'm waiting for my sweatshirts (one for wearing to work, one for wearing at work) and my jeans to dry. The zippers are clicking against the side of the dryer as they turn over and over, losing bits of moisture as they go.

The last week or so i've awoken to the sound of birds chirping. Not crows annoying me into consciousness, but those nice sounding ones that are here in the spring. The birds whose songs, if roughly translated, would probably mean "It's going to be a beautiful day today. The sun will rise, the air will warm, you'll be just fine." It's a very pleasant feeling.

The thermometer hung on the tree outside hasn't read over 15 degrees any of these mornings, but those birds are still out there. We could learn a few things from them. They leave during the winter, return home to subfreezing temperatures in the morning and they sing anyway. What do they know that we don't?'

It's cold out. The day ahead of me includes 9 hours of work. I haven't been eating too heatlhy and as a result i'm gaining weight again. I need exercise, i'm not in shape. I'm still tired. My clothes still aren't dry.

So?

I can sing anyway.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! 15 degrees? I forget, sometimes, that you live in CT. I live in SC. I get annoyed when I wake up and it's still in the 30s.

But yeah, sing away! Lalalalalala

March 08, 2006 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home