February 09, 2006

Yeah, Sorry

Thomas Newman, "Shawshank Redemption" from (you guessed it) the Shawshank Redemption soundtrack.

Chelsea's here with me. She's working on a paper for school while her laundry is drying downstairs (not air drying, that would take a really long time...it's spinning round and round in the dryer). So, i'm coming to you. I've got some clutter upstairs that i need to filter out into comprehensible words. And you get to watch.

I haven't been thinking about Corey all day, every day, but she's certainly been taking up mental space lately. I can't just let her go. There's no way i'll just watch this happen without a fight. Time to turn around and put my hand at my hip, ready to draw. Not quite so agressively, i don't want to be crazy, but i do want to put up some resistence. How? I don't know; right now all i have are words in an IM box that she can choose to read or ignore. When? I'll figure that out. Not much else to say about this right now.

I'm only half conscious at the moment. I just had two paragraphs between that last one and this one but deleted them. They were about something i'll create an entry for at some point so i won't mention the subject matter here. But i knew i wanted to give it full attention, and right now i'm only half concentrating. For instance, i presently have my eyes closed, my mouth (just fell asleep for a minute...Chelsea brought me back) is hanging open. Or was anyway.

Yeah, sorry. There's really no point to this entry, but i felt like posting and i don't want to lament over Corey any more than i already have. Although...i thought of an analogy yesterday.

The sunset happens every day, but i'm not always out there to see it. I don't make it a point to stop what i'm doing and witness the trails of color the sun leaves behind as it disappears. But once in a while i happen to be outside at the right moment. It's not always breathtaking. Sometimes it just happens with no spectacular effect. But, no matter how wonderful or average it is, life wouldn't be the same without it. If it were taken away, i would miss even the uneventful sunsets.

It's the same with Corey. I don't make it a point to go out of my way and spend time with her, but when i do, it's great. It's not always wickedly entertaining or spent doing some fantastic activity. But i don't want it taken away.

Alright, i'm seriously falling asleep. I've spent more time unconscious with my laptop here than i have actually typing this up.

Oh, in case i forget to mention later...

I'm a HUGE fan of the Olympics (particularly the winter), so i'll be spending much of the next two weeks in front of the television watching them play out. My sport this year is curling and i'll be following the women's team even though it means getting up at 3am some mornings to watch. So more tired entries are coming, i suppose.

Opening Ceremonies Friday night @ 8:00 on NBC...watch them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home