September 04, 2007

Marshmallow & Nutmeg

I remember thinking something profound over dinner tonight, or perhaps on the way to the restaurant, but presently I can't recall what it was. I might want to carry with me a notebook of some kind, something small, to jot down random thoughts into. I remember it being rather good, too. Sigh.

I acquired two free glasses tonight. Every Tuesday night at Eli's, a brewery comes to sample their beers. If you order something on tap from the "special guest" brewery, and you're there early enough, you get a free glass with your beer (with the brewery's logo on it). This particular evening's brewery was Red Hook. I ordered two glasses of their seasonal (their autumn or harvest, I dont' remember what it's called). It was pretty good. And I got two glasses. A little piece of cool for the night.

Another noteworthy bit about Eli's is their sweet potato fries, which you can substitute for regular frieds for I think a dollar or two extra. And, if you ask, they'll bring you the special sweet dipping sauce with them. It's delicious. I found out it's merely marshmallow and nutmeg. Apparently the marshmallow is boiled, melted or liquified, or something like that, and the nutmeg is added in. WOW is it good. You should try it. Eli Cannon's, Middletown, CT.

I could certainly write more, yes, but I just fell asleep between the end of that previous paragraph and this sentence. So I think I'll go ahead with the plans that Alyssa and I made to get to bed early. Oh, I can't wait!

Just fell asleep again. I'd better go.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa Joy Lewis said...

I still haven't been there yet, have I? I really want to try those sweet potato fries. The sauce, too. Sweet deal on the glasses, by the way! Can't wait to see 'em!

September 05, 2007 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home