September 01, 2007

About A Paragraph

If I were to type a paragraph about a paragraph, it might look something like this one. I'd consider speaking about punctuation and grammer, including the use of commas and periods. But I wouldn't get too in depth; certain punctuation probably wouldn't be used. Like a semicolon. It's a rarely pressed key. It's possible that I would also choose to touch on word selection and the importance of at least attempting to be succinct. It's less tedious. Some sentences might be short. Other sentences might be longer and more elaborative (perhaps even using parentheses to contain a quick thought or two). And, of course, these complete thoughts relating to the same general topic would be grouped together to form the paragraph itself.

That is, if I were to type a paragraph about a paragraph.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa Joy Lewis said...

This is a very clever entry. I like how you play with grammatical ideas to talk about writing a paragraph without writing directly about a paragraph. Sounds confusing, but it's really fun!

September 05, 2007 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home