September 02, 2007

A Jumble

I'm letting the deep, sober melancholy of Ben Folds ("Not The Same", to shortly be followed by "One Down", off the album "Ben Folds Live") wash over the excitement of what was today. Not the birthday or new-born baby sort of excitement, but just the amount of things going on. Although, compared to previous seasons I've been through, today was rather mild.

I helped Alyssa and her crew move in new students to their various dorm rooms in select buildings. Really just one building, but she's worked in a few so perhaps, vicariously through her, I too did more than one building. Lots of big items to carry in. Boxes, TV's, X-Box 360's (no, not very big but perhaps a bit noteworthy...not that I'm an advocate for video game systems...I actually don't care for them much anymore) and the like.

Blah blah blah, monotonous details of the day. Something more creative, Adam. Please. Come on, you can do this. Seriously, try something better.

Maybe it's that I'm tired or maybe it's that I'm full of bison burger. Which, by the way, tasted a little musty. Like that old, pioneer smell. You know, those rooms that get sectioned off with velvet rope, containing all sorts of artifacts from Lewis and Clark's journey across the Louisiana Purchase, or an exhibit of canvas covers from wagon trains that made it through the West. That smell. Well, it tasted like that smell (at least a little).

Now I'm listening to Bill Frisell's "Coffaro's Theme" from the "Finding Forrester" soundtrack. Clearly, my mind is a jumble of mismatched thought.

Sigh.

A rabbit crossed the room to find himself alone against a backdrop of candlelit tears.

Figure that one out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa Joy Lewis said...

I'm so glad you were there to help! It was a great relief to have another pair of hands after so many others had left when they were still needed. I love you!

And that second to last sentence about the rabbit is written beautifully. I wish there were more to read after it.

September 05, 2007 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home