January 15, 2006

Waiting For Joe

Thomas Newman, "yes" from the Meet Joe Black soundtrack

I'm sitting here on the couch, waiting for Joe to arrive with chinese food, high energy, and an anxious mind for tonight's season premier of 24. I've seen the show but once and found it predictably formatted. However, Joe has politely asked me to give it another chance and is hopeful that i too will become hooked upon its suspenseful plotline so that we can follow it together. Whether his plan will succeed or fail depends on many variables that will be carried out on the glass screen in front of us, and the various speakers placed throughout the room.

I have nothing specific to speak about, but suddenly felt the urge to place some thought into my humble blog.

I'm quite tired. I spent the weekend at my cousin Chelsea's house. The reason for my lack of sleep has to do with our extended bed times, and the comfort level of the fold-out couch that became my temporary bed. I don't imagine this week will bring with it an abundant amount of rest, but i shall remain hopeful that my body will be able to fully recharge by the weekend. I'm going to need full power at least by Sunday so that Joe's move will go smoothly and i won't drift off to an unconscious state while moving a large item down the four flights of stairs. The consequences of such would be more than i wish to openly speak of.

I had a great time at Chelsea's (Peri's as well...my other cousin with whom the house is shared). We did nothing noteworthy, but that simple fact is what made the weekend so enjoyable. We watched a couple movies ("Heart and Soul", and "Arlington Road"), talked a lot, took a walk through a small section of the rural roads in Woodstock (her town), and ate far more amounts of junkfood than the human body should really be able to process. I feel my heart growing increasingly angry with me for not healthily supplying my body with sustinence. "Reeses," it would say to me, "is NOT going to maintain this body. You need more vegetables and fruit to keep this thing running well." So, that's what i'm going to do. More vegetables, more fruit, less JUNK. Oh, and no more eating until i'm really full. Only until i'm satisfied. The guys at work in my CNSMC (Central Nervous System Main Control...the brain) are relaying what's being typed down to the CDCS (Central Department of the Circulatory System...the heart), and they're all chearing down there. I'm sure shouts of joy are going up from all over the body.

In case of questions regarding "Joe's move" (mentioned earlier), Joe is moving home from Boston for a few months to save money until we move in together at the end of the summer. Wise decision i feel. We're moving his stuff back this coming Sunday (the 22nd). We'll probably stop in at Ernesto's Pizza, in the North End. It's the best pizza we've ever eaten and we make it a point to stop there at least once when we're in the city together. I do hope we have time. Ernesto's is worth its own entry. I just might do that some time.

Well, Joe will be here soon so i should get going. No update yet on the "Liquid Thought" situation (for those of you who got to read the entry while it was still posted...see "Think Next Time" if you have no idea what i'm talking about). I'm certainly hoping for the best, but trying not to get ahead of myself. All in God's time.

Hang on, little tomato.
(Pink Martini album...and song, the lyrics of which apply to the aforementioned "Liquid Thought" situation)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Adam this blog thing is pretty cool. You are quite a writer, and a deep thinker. I don't know if you remember me, but I went to your church WEFC when I was little, but then my family moved to Atlanta Ga. My dad works with a friend of your family, Terry Prill.
(I hope I spelled that correct.) I want to get in touch with you, but I don't want everyone to see my email, or address. Anyway, I have really enjoyed reading your blog.

January 22, 2006 3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home