September 10, 2007

We're Already Back

I always seem to be listening to deeper music when I'm feeling pensive. Tonight, for instance, my audible companion is Ben Folds. Right now he's on stage, backed up by John McCrea (of Cake), singing "Fred Jones Part 2". It's a sad song.

And I am sad. Sort of.

I had a rather lengthy conversation with my mom this evening, residual parts of which are still lingering. I won't go into detail over its subject, but it was a conversation over some things I've been pondering for a while. It was good to get them out. But there were also some things that require action, which I plan to take soon.

I also have had patchy conversations with Alyssa throughout the day. I left two voicemails during my morning "coffee break" (I don't drink coffee, I just enjoy a moment to sit and eat a snack or two). We exchanged few words at lunch, she distracted by a friend or two and I by some wild turkeys passing through the lot. Nothing after that until a missed phone call, I presume was placed just before the IVCF (Intervarsity Christian Fellowship) prayer meeting. No voicemail, so I don't know. [correction: There was a voicemail, I didn't notice it until later] Then another word or two when I called after the meeting had ended. Now she's somewhere between the meeting and getting ready for bed. But again, I don't know.

This past weekend was difficult as it left us very little time to connect with each other on that intimate level of communication. Sigh. The week prior had no time for us to connect at all, save a few patchy conversations. And that's where I find us again. At least from my perspective. There are so many things I want to talk to her about, things that happened last week and have already happened this week. Yet I feel that we'll once again find ourselves moving through the week with slight gaps for a word or two, which inevitably end up being business in subject (usually something about an evening's, or the weekend's, plans). Sigh. We're already back to the week.

And so, at 10:04 pm, I find myself alone with Ben Folds.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa Joy Lewis said...

I know it's hard for us when I am going to school full-time, but know that I love you. And I do miss you and think of you. Your at work now.

September 11, 2007 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home