November 21, 2005

Black Eyed Sally's

Music Man soundtrack, right now the song "Lida Rose" sung by a barbershop quartet. After the second paragraph i put on The Matrix soundtrack. Quite the switch, but that's just my ecclectic musical taste.

So i wake up this morning a free man. I have no girlfriend, i have no job, i'm not living at home, and the house is clean enough that my warning lights aren't going off. Later on, in about an hour, i'll be leaving to have lunch with my dad at Black Eyed Sally's. I've never been there, but he loves it. It'll be nice to have lunch with him, father and son.

I have to admit, nervously that he'll read this but confident in being honest, that he and i didn't get along all that well when i was growing up. He's a very stubborn man. My brother got a whole mount of the same stubbornness at birth and he still carries it around. That made it even more difficult for him with their clashing wills, something that still causes problems even now. But of course, my dad got it from his dad. Fortunately i was born too quickly and there was no time to paste largge amounts onto me, so i only got a smearing. More of my mom's traits are apparent in me, at least on the surface (not physically, i mean in my character).

It seems that lately, over the past couple years, our relationship has improved greatly. I have always loved him, don't get me wrong, but i feel that since i passed my teenage years, the conversations have increased (and become easier), and the time spent has grown in quality. It's just been easier. I'm very happy about that. We give hugs to each other and use the words "I love you". That's sometimes hard to find between two males even if they are related. I'm quite happy about it though.

I don't want anyone reading this and going, "Oh, what horrible childhood did Adam's dad give him?" because i grew up in a home where i was taught to respect others and see the difference between right and wrong, and to know that to do either you must listen to your heart. I am blessed to have two parents still together and in love while the divorce rates are rediculous. My musical diversity came from my father. He'd play all kinds of music in the house and the car, and i grew up enjoying it all. My mom likes a good variety too, but not so much as my dad. I'm very thankful for that. I think the appreciation for music branched out into other areas as well, giving me a very open, accepting heart. So, there were many good things growing up, and still today.

I came on to blog about something completely different, but now i don't have time. So, i'll leave it at that.

Later, my readers...

3 Comments:

Blogger Chelsea said...

I love you Adam.

November 24, 2005 3:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like me and my mom adam!

November 28, 2005 12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a way with words. Thank you for sharing. I really enjoy Captain's Blog.

December 02, 2005 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home