September 24, 2007

It's A Toy, Relax

Yes, I have indeed been neglecting this outlet.

Tonight was fairly uneventful except that I never left work. I mean, I left the building, but work followed me. I had about an hour of chill time between 3:30 (the end of my machining day) and 5:30 (the time I met Jeff and Eric to transport a slate pool table to our church youth room; it's new home). Now, if you're terrible at math and calculating time, you'll pass that sentence without a second thought. But if you're good at those things, or can at least crunch numbers, you'll notice there are, in fact, two hours there as opposed to the aforementioned one.

And well done. For there are indeed two.

But the thing is, there was enough between there that my actual down time was even less than one hour. For instance, I didn't leave the shop until 4:00, at which point my dad and I dropped off the company truck at Jack's house and spent some time looking at his new toy (an ultra-light; it's a hang glider with an engine). Didn't leave there until 4:20, stopped to pick up a sandwich and salad (my dad's with me at this point because the truck is back at Jack's), stopped at the bank, and finally made it home at around 4:45. Fifteen minutes until Matt shows up!

So I pull out my shotgun.

It's a toy, relax. We have this game where when Matt comes over, he tries to sneak up and shoot me before I can do the same to him. His is a toy too, relax. He carries a silenced .45, I carry a stockless pump-action shotgun. He'll come in the house and quietly make his way to wherever Ben or I are, and shoot us (again, pretend...seriously, relax). Or we'll get him first. Tonight, I got him. I knew he was coming in, so I hid in my parents' room while my mom opened the door. By the time he got down the hall and realized I wasn't in my room, I had already snuck up on him. BOOM!

It was pretend, he's still alive, relax!

My brother had called me at work about helping with the pool table. "Oh, and Matt's helping too," I said.

"Oh...can you do me a favor?" he asked.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Can you hide my gun under the stairs to the deck and leave the back door open so I won't make any noise coming in the house? That way I can sneak up on him."

What a great plan! I did as he asked after I got home. My parents were eating out on that same deck when he arrived. He recruited my mom and she came down to my room asking a question she'd already asked me a while earlier. I thought it strange but said nothing. He followed her down the hall so his footsteps would be masked. Nice move. He was behind Matt without betraying his presence. BOOM!

Honestly, I'm done explaining the imagination of this game. If you haven't relaxed at this point, I can't help you.

After moving the pool table, which was fun, though challenging, we all had pizza out (except Jeff who had already eaten). And now I'm home. I want to take a shower.

So I will.

2 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

BOOM! Was I sneaky enough? Sounds like lots of fun. You made me smile! :-)

September 25, 2007 2:33 PM  
Blogger Alyssa Joy Lewis said...

I love you! This entry made me laugh! Knowing you guys, it wasn't hard to imagine all of those events unfolding. Nice move on Ben's part, indeed!

September 25, 2007 9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home