October 15, 2007

What Value Hath A Post?

Alyssa set out at the beginning of this semester to write or draw something in her artistic journal every day. Sometimes she simply puts something creative in that she accomplished during the day. The important part is that it's a daily practice.

I said I'd blog every day with her.

If you just laughed, I'm glad you caught that. No, I haven't been keeping up. But no, I'm not sad about it. To show remorse would mean that I regret not having done this daily, which I don't. It does sadden me that I haven't held to my word, especially as it was to Alyssa, but it does not sadden me to know I've given up some posting nights for other things. A conversation with Alyssa, for example, or a fun night with the guys followed by an immediate need for bed time.

Busy weekends, despite the need to rest, find me away from my laptop (and the internet for that matter). Responsibilities and random happenings of life. You see, as much as I love to write (and consequently, blog), it's not on the top of my priorities list. I would like to hone my skills but losing out on other parts of my day so that this can be accomplished just doesn't seem worth it. I'm not willing to make that kind of sacrifice.

I just don't want to allow blogging to have that much power over my time. To be in dire need of sleep some evening, or to have some responsibilities that must be attended to, but to put them aside to make sure some words are posted here.

Like right now. I'm really tired. I'm posting this because I can copy and paste it (I typed it up a week or two ago and it's been sitting on my desktop awaiting a publishing date). It's an entry that took little effort this evening. That helps me to get to sleep faster.

And that's what I need more tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa Joy Lewis said...

"A daily practice" is a good way to put it. Thanks!

October 18, 2007 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home