September 14, 2006

Lift Me Up

I am going absolutely crazy
But there's no one here to listen
Save the two co-inhabitants in the next room

They, being the source of bitter closing
Would not be a well chosen place
To go and attempt to reopen

She is busy with distractions
Keeping her from hearing my weakened voice
And so I cannot turn in that direction

A friend perhaps or brother
But they two are the seeming source
Of the lock upon my door

I begin to look within
For answers, solutions, comfort
Anything to take me away

And it's there that I find You
It's there that You meet me
In the darkened spaces inside

And You know exactly what I need
To continue walking upright
Above the bitter this night has carried

And You are all I need
To get me through this
Time of difficult travel

Forgive my reliance on fickle and temporary
Rather than Your constant and everlasting
Never failing to provide the necessary

Lift me up

2 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa Joy Lewis said...

Woot!

September 15, 2006 10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's one of the most beautiful poems I've ever read. You have a very real and honest talent.

October 04, 2006 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home